Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lovely Review from Jenre


Jenre at Well Read reviewed Ice Cream on the Side. She had some lovely things to say about it. Go and read it. 

I like Jen's review style.  She is very thoughtful, that is, you can tell she's given a lot of thought to what she's saying.  She always supplies the reasoning behind her opinions, which I think is very helpful for the reader.  She is fair and thorough and I'm not just saying this to suck up 'cause she's already reviewed my book!

I don't think I'd make a very good reviewer.  I rely too much on my intuitive nature, which leads me to say things like "I liked it.  I don't know why, I just did!" Still, I think I'm supposed to review the books I read for the m/m romance challenge, so I'll putter along with something - short and sweet - soon.

9 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Wren. You've made me blush now :).

    Looking forward to reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, is that kitty in the book? How did I miss that kitty?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I liked it. I don't know why, I just did!"

    That's EXACTLY my style Wren which is why I don't consider my blog a review blog. It's just a "keep track of what I read and my general impression which you may or may not agree with" blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, that's my style, too, so... And Tam's reviews are about 3x as long as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tam & Chris - Reviewing (good reviewing) is an art. I'm glad we know some people who do it well.

    Chris - I don't understand your kitty comment. Is it in English?

    ReplyDelete
  6. *mope*

    It was about your cute kitty picture in this post and probably more reflected my lack of caffeine than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "She always supplies the reasoning behind her opinions"

    That's always a good thing! I appreciate it when reviewers do this. Jen is one of our best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris - okay. if you say so. Get some coffee sweetie.

    Val - I agree. You guys should form a club!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!