Thus continueth and endeth the Random Thoughts post I started the other day. I take no credit for these, or any other thoughts for that matter.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone
just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday orSaturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I'd rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to
finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod
and smile because you still didn't hear or understand or care about a
word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up
to prevent an ass from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get
dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are
going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers,
but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.
31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still
not know what time it is.
32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my behind everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Are there things that pop up in your reading that just pop out at you as wrongwrongwrong? They aren't terrible, egregious things. They're just enough to irritate.
Kind of like picking those little burrs* off your socks after a hike,
as opposed to losing a shoe in a mud hole.
For example, I recently came across the phrase "just assume" in a place where "just as soon" would have been the thing to say. And "taunt" instead of "taut".
I think someone has changed the rules of irregular verb tenses for certain words since I learned them, because I consistently come across "sunk" where I think "sank" should be used. Am I the only one who does a little head shake when that happens? I've googled this and discovered there seems to be no definitive answer out there. Who knew?
Finally, and this one really bugs me, is the use of "could care less," as in "Joe could care less where Phil dropped his pants." Darn it, but if Joe could care less, wouldn't he? Care less, I mean? It should be "Joe couldn't care less..." showing that Joe has met his end of caring. Right? Or am I sitting alone on my branch of the language tree?
*English language brought to you by Chris, and K.Z.
My sister forwarded me this list the other day, and I truly did get a laugh out of it. This is just the first half; I'll post the other half another day. In the meantime - can you think of any witticisms to add?
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
Red watched as long as he could while Wolfie circled around to stand behind him. The hands on his ass felt warm and strong, and Red relaxed under their touch. He thought he knew what to expect, but was still surprised when Wolfie traced a path between his cheeks and circled his hole. He hadn’t realized just how sensitive that part of him was. He squirmed with need. Wolfie landed one hard slap on his ass and Red was so shocked he became completely still.
“That’s better,” Wolfie said.
He pushed on Red’s thigh to move one leg up on the table. Red felt the air caress his skin in unusual places. A cool liquid and pressure on his hole alerted Red to Wolfie’s finger just before it entered him. A fleeting question of where the man had gotten the lube passed through Red’s brain before it was overtaken by his wordless response to the sensations in his ass.
“Oh, God,” Red muttered. “That feels so…so…oh.”
Wolfie withdrew but before Red could protest two fingers entered him. Feeling them move inside him was strange and exciting and he didn’t know if he wanted more or less until Wolfie hit the spot that sent Red’s nerve endings into overdrive.
Red moaned a long low sound he was sure he’d never made before.
“You like that.”
It hadn’t been a question but Red said “yes” anyway. He wanted to reach for his newly engorged cock but couldn’t, of course.
As if reading Red’s mind, Wolfie reached around with his unoccupied hand and grasped Red’s prick. His touch was just light enough to be torturous.
“Please,” Red gasped.
Red squeezed his eyes shut and licked his parched lips. He knew Wolfie was teasing him. The gentle pulls on his cock and the steady slide across his prostate were never going to be enough. “Please fuck me.”
“My pleasure.” Wolfie pulled away from Red, leaving him feeling very exposed. He heard foil crinkling.
What began as a slight press became a staccato pain as Wolfie’s cock entered Red’s body. Wolfie rested a hand on Red’s back and held still while Red forced himself to relax. Then he felt the steady pressure as Wolfie pushed further in.
Red alternately held his breath and gulped in air until Wolfie was fully against him. He’d never felt anything like this before. It was painful, but it wasn’t. Wolfie didn’t move, and Red’s awareness of being filled grew until it was all he knew. The soft tingle of Wolfie’s fingers sliding down his back seemed to wipe the pain away until only pleasure remained. Red felt himself shift, somehow, inside.
Wolfie must have felt it too, because he growled and grasped Red’s hips in his large hands, then pulled almost all the way out. Red lifted his head from the table and instinctively grabbed for the edge with his bound hands. Wolfie pressed in again, all the way, and almost out once more. Red had a second to breathe, and then nothing mattered because Wolfie began to thrust and all Red could do was hold on for the ride. He relished the feel of the other man’s hips hitting his ass, the push and pull on the skin around his hole, the sweat slick between them.
Wolfie reached under Red’s chest and belly and pulled him away from the table so that Red stood, slightly bent, with his hands out on the table to support himself. When that big cock settled in over his prostate, Red arched his back and howled in ecstasy. Wolfie wrapped the fingers of one hand around Red’s cock, and held him tight across the chest with the other hand. The feel of his teeth biting Red’s shoulder became a spark that lit the climax for both of them. Red felt Wolfie’s cock pulsing inside him as his own cum jetted out over Wolfie’s hand.
A few moments ticked by; Red made sure his heart was still beating. Wolfie breathed heavily on his neck and pushed away from Red.
“Oh baby.” Wolfie’s voice was a little hoarse.
Red stood up on trembling legs. “That was incredible.”
Wolfie nodded his agreement, then proceeded to clean up, using the napkins from Red’s burrito bag. He removed Red’s cuffs and they both got dressed. Red liked the aches that rolled over his body.
They left the gazebo and stood on the path, studying each other. Wolfie raised an eyebrow.
Red looked at his feet then back at Wolfie. “I visit my grandma again on Friday,” he said.
I haven't written here lately because I'm just boring myself to death, so why share that?
Had a great time in Jamaica. It was beautiful there. We stayed on the south side of the island, so there really isn't anything but the resort. The perfect solution to my annual birthday mopage. Here is the view from our balcony:
Not surprisingly, I have discovered that my aging skin has taken a dislike to strong sun. Burns easily, needs shade. And my face - ack. Little zits all over. I thought one of benefits of aging was no longer having a 13-year-old's skin. *deep sigh*
While sitting in the shade on the beach, I read lots of books. Mostly urban fantasy (made of paper, because I didn't want my Kindle to get sandy) - Underground by Kat Richardson, Unshapely Things by Mark del Franco, Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole, Dead to Me by Anton Strout. I noticed that when I did read an m/m romance (All's Fair in Love and Advertising, by Lenore Black) I appreciated it so much more than when that's ALL I read.
I also read Almost Like Being in Love, by Steve Klugar. What a wonderful ride that was!
I ruminated a lot on my next book. I've been scratching away with some ideas, but lying about with my eyes closed made me think more about them, sort of tossing and turning them in my head. So in the last week I think I've ditched most of the original idea and molded it into something more interesting. I even *gasp* sketched a bit of an outline, more like bullet points really. It's definitely going to be a paranormal.
While my son goes on spring break, we are kittysitting. He was supposed to bring them to us this past weekend, but his car broke down, in need of a new engine. So I drove the four and a half hours to his place on Saturday, and drove back on Sunday, cats in hand. Or car, I guess. I had cats for much of my young life, but it's been 10 years or so. And these two have strong personalities.
Spike is a basement cat, as you can see. And while he appears ready to go back to his daddy, it's all just an act.
Buffy is the sort of cat you just want to pick up and cuddle, and she puts up with it graciously, just a roll of the eyes.
My husband gets his coffee cup ready while the coffee is brewing, dumping powdered creamer and sweetener into the cup. Guess who he found sticking a paw into the cup and then licking off the cream and sugar? That would be Spike.
Buffy has a cat-sense about when I'm in the bathroom and comes looking for attention, if the door's not latched she just pushes right in. She came from nowhere at 4 in the morning to do this.
The dog seems to have gotten used to the cats from their previous visits, no longer hiding in the laundry room. But he is wearing his "when are they leaving?" face.
Wolfie caressed the beautiful round globes of Red’s ass then massaged his way up Red’s back and down again. Red tried to push up from his position over the table, but Wolfie pressed down on his shoulders.
“Stay,” Wolfie said in his gruffest voice.
Red whimpered. And stayed.
Wolfie’s pants had been tight to start with, and now it seemed they would strangle him. Still he wanted to take his time. He shifted a little and stretched himself over Red’s naked body, sliding his hands up Red’s arms. He kissed Red’s shoulders and neck; the man smelled delicious, and so Wolfie licked small circles on Red’s skin. He tasted delicious, too. Wolfie could feel the hitch in Red’s breathing.
As Wolfie stood up, Red twisted to watch him. “I’m not going anywhere, Red.” Red lay back down, and Wolfie smiled at that. He grasped the bottom of his T-shirt and pulled it off in one smooth motion, shaking his head so his shaggy hair fell back into place. He knew Red was looking over his shoulder to see what he was doing. Wolfie took a moment to stretch. He brought his hands down to his own chest and tugged at his nipples, enjoying the slight burn. He rubbed his stomach and dipped his fingers just under the waistband of his jeans. Red strained to get a good look at him.
“My, what rock-hard abs you have,” Red said.
“The better to control my lifting and lowering,” Wolfie said. He slunk around the table, stopping at a point where Red could reach him with his cuffed hands. “Open my pants, Red.” He knew he was already leaking pre-cum from his confined cock.
The younger man looked up at him, paused only a moment and reached for Wolfie’s buttons. Wolfie enjoyed the sensation of Red’s trembling fingers brushing against him as he opened each button. Red spread the placket, and Wolfie’s shaft strained against the soft give of his boxer briefs.
Red licked his lips. “My, what tight clothes you wear.”
“The better to enjoy letting loose,” Wolfie said. Red reached a tentative finger out, but Wolfie grabbed the cuffs before Red could reach him. “Suck me.”
Red pulled himself forward until he was close enough to touch his lips to Wolfie’s cock. Wolfie felt a gentle kiss, a lick and then suction as Red found a way to get his mouth around him despite the cloth in the way. It felt so good he let out a groan that was almost a growl.
He grew harder with Red’s attentions. When he felt like thrusting, Wolfie pulled himself away from Red’s puffy lips. Red gave a disgruntled moan then watched hungrily as Wolfie stepped back. He toed off his shoes and peeled off his briefs and jeans. Wolfie stretched again, feeling the pull in his muscles, displaying himself for Red.
Red’s Adam’s apple bobbed as he swallowed. “My, what a big cock you have.”