Monday, April 5, 2010

Just Askin' - Has M/M Skewed Your Thinking?

First: A word from our sponsor.  Ice Cream on the Side got a lovely little review from Sensual Reads! Now on to our regularly scheduled program...

I saw "Clash of the Titans" this weekend.  You know - the remake with Sam Worthington as Perseus.  As soon as I saw those pretty boy soldiers who went with him on his quest, I wanted to see them.  Together.  En deshabille. 

Alas!  It wasn't meant to be.  But thinking about it got me through the over-long battle with the giant scorpion thingies.
(Sorry I could only find a decent pic of one of the boys.)

A few years ago, this thought wouldn't have crossed my mind.  At least, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't.

But my point (yes, I have one) is my mind seems to be permanently skewed toward the m/m-ness of...whatever...

On a recent vacation in Jamaica, at a lovely all-inclusive beach resort, I snickered (mentally) every time I caught sight of the Activities sign advertising "watersports."  I definitely wouldn't have given that a second glance a few years ago.  I wondered if anyone else at the hotel got a kick out of it. Then I wondered if I'm just a big ol' perv.

Today my suspicions about myself were confirmed when I came across this clue in my crossword: Type of plug.  Four letters.  All that came to my mind was "butt".  I tried to scrape up my knowledge of butt plugs to figure out a type of butt plug that has four letters, even though I was sure that wasn't what they were looking for.  Couldn't get past that. Until I got m_le in the puzzle.  Oh.  Male.  Like electrical plugs.

Please tell me I am not the only one who suffers this condition.  Finding m/m goodness in ordinary, everyday things.

22 comments:

  1. Believe me, you ain't the only one. I've been in the "come on, get together and give it a try" wishful-thinking groove for years. The rest of the mindset? Yup, got that now, too.

    And congrats on the review! It's always a thrill to come upon a good one after a book's been out for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Me too. All the time.

    I'm glad to know I'm not the only perve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not alone Wren. During the movie my thought was "Come on, you're Greek, you're all about the buttsecks, let's get to it." A few years ago it likely wouldn't have crossed my mind. Sigh. But I know I'm in good company with you folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And congrats on the review, Wren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is m/m on my mind? You betcha! LOL

    If I had the money and resources, I'd be remaking Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid (NOT with Travolta & Cruise, as has been rumored) and Etta would be so much a piece of history...

    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. KZ - Thanks for the commiserating and the congrats!

    Jen - Oh thank goodness. I knew I wasn't alone!

    Tam - We are strong, we are invincible, we are woman...who also happen to perv on guys together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris - thanks sweetie. (I did not win - again - the Kim Dare book at your site *poutmope*)

    L(eslie?) - Oh yeah, Butch and Sundance! Well. I have to have a moment now.


    I always disliked Etta, and now I know why :D

    How about George Clooney and Brad Pitt in Ocean's Eleven?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, Wren... You could enter to win Like Coffee and Doughnuts, or have you already read it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the review!

    And no, you're definitely not the only one. Those thoughts never really entered my mind a few years ago. Now that I'm a m/m addict, oh yeah, everywhere I look I see the possibility for some hot m/m action. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lily and Val - thanks. And welcome to m/m anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris, we're glad to know we have you to hold up as a model of all decorum and propriety.




    ****snrf*snort*giggle****straight face

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, but I don't understand why you are laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never mind. It's not important, dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *pats Kris gently on the back* There, there, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm late, as always, but yep, *raises hand* I'm a big o'perv and proud of it.

    I can't even see 2 guys hanging out together without wondering if they are gay and then deciding that yep, in my head they are now gay. From there, wonderful little thoughts pass through my head. lol

    I've always been a bit on the pervie side, but yeah...since I started reading m/m books, it has gone to a whole new level. And it makes movies, books, the day job...hell, just life so much more interesting. ;)

    And congrats on the fabulous review, Wren!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heh, Ava's comment reminded me that, even before I started to read m/m, I just assumed that every hot guy I saw in my neighborhood was gay. It does help that I live in the area of the Twin Cities in which that is more likely than not!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Ava! You're so fashionable! And you're right, it does make life more interesting. :)

    Chris, so you're tuned that way, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I guess so! No wonder I like m/m romance so much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!