Monday, December 7, 2009

New Author nerves

Later tonight - or early in the morning, "Ice Cream on the Side" will go on sale at Loose Id. I sure hope a few people buy it.  I also hope they like it!  And tell more people about it.  And so on and so on.  (My own personal Herbal Essences Shampoo) I find I have had a hard time sleeping lately, and it's at least partly about having the book go live. I find myself laying (lying?) (who knows?) there in the dark, thinking about it, wondering if others will find it entertaining. I guess we all, no matter what we do, want some validation. Time will tell, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Honey,

    It's lying, not laying. :) The English teacher in me had to say that.

    I'm looking forward to your book, but I understand why you're nervous. I'm sure you've put a lot of yourself into your creation.

    Good luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eyre. For the grammar and the luck.

    Believe it or not, I was once an English teacher, too. Well, the official title of the class was Language Arts, but all the same for that. And even so, I cannot for the life of me remember lie, lay, lain, laid, lying, laying etc. I think it's just a mental block. Further and farther confuse me, too.
    *g*

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!