I think I just needed a bit of summer vacation. Feeling better now. And happy to tell you that I have a new book with Loose Id, to be released October 5!!!!
Back To Normal
Loose Id is having an event in honor of National Coming Out Day; I don't know what they have planned, but I imagine they are releasing a bunch of, or some anyway, books with that theme.
Here are the main characters in Back To Normal:
Hero 1: Greg Capello
- has been deep in the closet since his teen years, for a couple of reasons (which you'll have to read to find out) and even
- totally denies that this part of him exists, going so far as to get married (of course that didn't work out; the book opens with his now ex-wife driving off).
- got hit in the head with a golf ball when he was young, now suffers from bad headaches which seem to be getting worse and since then
- his dead aunt's spirit communicates with him; Greg refers to her as "living in my head".
- his older brother has been looking out for them since they were kids.
- his mother thinks he just needs a good woman and keeps trying to fix him up with one.
- finds his life slowly unraveling due to some unexpected events, not the least of which is meeting Finn Sparks (because now he can't get the man out of his mind)
- is quite comfortably out and
- has slept with many, many men, but never the same man twice, mostly because he
- doesn't like it when things get complicated.
- with Hayden, his twin sister/business partner, is remodeling an old restaurant and turning it into an Irish pub.
- his grandmother heads the Neo-pagan Sparks clan; she's also got "the sight" and when she reads Finn he starts to understand why
- he is unaccountably attracted to Greg
And here are some of the things that happen:
- job loss/change
- a stolen kiss in a bookstore
- undeniable attraction that is...denied
- dinners in a restaurant
- conversations with someone nobody else can see or hear
- unwanted thoughts
- bad memories
- Internet research
- family gatherings
So, yeah, I'll be around a little more often now. See ya round the webz!